Responsible for environmental compliance for company business lines. Supports environmental compliance activities through direct participation in audits, studies, investigations, and reports. Responsible for maintenance and administration of select company programs, and management of internal and external resources allocated.
- Lead Tier II, Chemical Approval Process and SDS database programs.
- Assist in conducting environmental audits of all company facilities and contractors/suppliers on a planned schedule.
- Develop, implement and work with outside vendors to schedule environmental training programs (Hazwoper, DOT, Lead, Asbestos)
- Develop and maintain tracking programs for waste activities involving hazardous, non-hazardous, TSCA and recycling.
- Lead TSCA regulatory compliance and apply knowledge to remediation and disposal activities.
- Develop and implement procedures, processes and/or programs to guide environmental compliance performance.
- Identify and research proposed environmental regulations that may impact the company and report to management.
- Perform sampling for Lead, PCB, and Asbestos and be able to become certified to perform such duties where applicable.
- Respond to environmental incidents, inform applicable Agencies, mobilize contractors, and oversee site remediation and effectively deal with public.
- Participate in root cause evaluations of environmental incidents, develop solutions, and initiate preventative actions.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with local, state, and federal environmental regulatory agencies.
- Perform environmental compliance inspections of service centers, electrical substations and shops/warehouses and vendors.
- BS in Physical Sciences, Geology, Chemistry, Biological Sciences, Engineering or Environmental Sciences, with at least 3+ years of relevant working experience in the environmental field.
- Working knowledge of electrical utility systems and operations, and regulatory background in environmental media (i.e., PCBs, hazardous waste, water, air, storage tanks, SPCC, ecological) disciplines.
- Working knowledge of regulatory requirements in hazardous materials and chemical control.
- Strong people skills and ability to thrive in a team environment is essential, along with innovation, creativity, and initiative.
- Strong technical writing, oral communication, presentation, and negotiating skills. Demonstrated knowledge of computer software programs, such as Microsoft office products, EHS database systems, etc..
- Ability to meet Company driving standards, including a valid driver's license.
- Frequent field work is required for this position, including rotating on-call and storm duties.
- Experience in emergency response/Hazmat
- Position requires work under minimal supervision, relying on knowledge, skills and judgment acquired through education and relevant experience to plan and accomplish assigned tasks and goals.
- Position requires a technical understanding of electric utility operations and remediation principles and technologies. Requires the ability to make decisions and leverage control in ambiguous project settings involving diverse internal and external personnel.
- Experience with SF6 gas management would be preferred