UNS Energy Corporation
Is currently seeking a talented individual for the position of Director, Environmental Services and Sustainability. The successful candidate will direct the activities of the Corporate Environmental Department and has primary responsibility for developing, supporting and enhancing the TEP/Unisource Corporate Environmental policy to maintain compliance with all environmental regulations and policies. Ensures environmental compliance of all Company facilities with air, water, land use and hazardous waste regulations/permits. May perform the functions of the Designated Representative (DR) pursuant to Titles IV and V Clean Air Act (CAA) requirements. Develop and implement corporate environmental policy strategy . Lead ESG/Sustainability reporting efforts for the Company and assists Fortis and its subsidiaries with sustainability reporting efforts.
· Supervises the day-to-day operation of the Corporate Environmental Services & Sustainability Department, including budgeting, staffing and workload.
· Assists in the certification and submittal of all permit applications, reports and submittals applicable to the Designated Representative in conformance with the requirements of Title IV and Title V of the Federal Clean Air Act (CAA), as amended.
· Directs the Company's air, waste, and water quality programs to assure compliance with federal, state and local regulations.
· Represents the Company in legislative and regulatory hearings and workshops dealing with new rule making activities and provides written and/or oral comments to federal and/or state regulatory agencies concerning proposed rule-making activities that affect Company facilities.
· Provides technical consulting/advice to power plant & energy delivery personnel concerning environmental regulation impact on operations.
· Chairs Environmental Compliance Committee
· Works closely with Fortis and UNS Energy executive leadership to develop ESG/Sustainability reporting strategy.
· Responsible for Fortis Environmental Sustainability reporting efforts, including identification of material metrics, data collection and preparation, data validation, and data consolidation.
· Assists Fortis subsidiaries with ESG/Sustainability strategy and reporting efforts.
· Responsible for preparation of UNS Energy sustainability reporting efforts.
· Advises Company executive leadership, Directors, and other Company employees on questions regarding proposed environmental rulemaking and other environmental matters
· Identifies potential financial and operational risks and opportunities to Company operations.
· Responsible for preparing comments to proposed environmental regulations and working with Government Affairs and the Legal Department to respond to proposed legislative actions.
· Prepares responses to Fortis and Company due diligence requests relating to financial and operational risks.
· Assists other Company departments, such as External Reporting, Risk Management, Resource Planning, and Legal with identifying risks associated with proposed environmental legislative or regulatory agency actions.
· Networks with other utilities, industry colleagues, and stakeholders to build trusting relationships. Actively participates in industry association meetings and workshops to stay abreast of relevant environmental policy matters and developments, as well as represents the Company’s environmental policy positions.
· Ensure that the Company’s management principles, policies and programs are consistently practiced and continually support the Affirmative Action Plan.
· Fosters a collaborative work place.
· Develops strategy to prioritize and execute Corporate business goals and initiatives as it relates to the environmental aspects of Company operations.
· Assume fiduciary responsibility for operating the business and provide recommendations on cost improvement measures.
· Ensure that the Performance Management program is administered uniformly and effectively.
· Comply with and administer the terms and conditions of the Collective Bargaining Agreement when applicable.
· Administers personnel functions, including recruiting, review and approval of job descriptions and salary classifications, and selection and placement of personnel. Participates in hiring, termination, promoting, assignment and direction of staff. Ensure compliance with all applicable local, state and federal laws, regulations and standards, company policies, practices and ethical obligations to investigate, evaluate and recommend appropriate resolution to employee complaints.
· Promotes and participates in the professional development, personal growth and career planning of staff.
· Addresses disciplinary and/or performance issues, according to company policy, and communicates effectively with employees regarding corrective action. Has input into the adjustment of grievances and administration of discipline.
· Plans day-to-day operations, estimates personnel needs and schedules and assigns work. Evaluate the structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group.
· This position may provide services to affiliates of the Company subject to the UNS Energy Code of Conduct and the related Policies and Procedures.
(Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.)
- Degree in an engineering discipline or environmental related field.
- At least 10 years of experience with environmental policy, environmental compliance and sustainability or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience should include supervisory responsibility.
- Experience with environmental rules and regulations specifically as they relate to vertically integrated electric utility business and sustainability programs.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills:
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional teams to achieve desired results.
- Excellent oral and written communication and problem identification and conflict resolution skills.
To apply for the position, please click here.